ABOUT SHRI JASWANTSINH BHABHOR
Shri JASWANTSINH SUMANBHAI BHABHOR is The Minister of State for Tribal Affairs in the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
He has been elected to the Parliament from 19-Dahod Parliamentary (S.T) Constituency in the year 2014.
He was born on 22 nd Aug, 1966 , in a poor tribal family – village Dasa , a remote village in Limkheda ,Dahod District . His father ,Shri Sumanbhai Rangjibhai Bhabhor was a primary teacher by profession -he embedded the values of Patriotism ,Socialism and Upliftment of poor ,in his son from childhood itself . His son, Shri Jasvantsinhji has proved his metal in all sphere’s of life till date .
He took his Education at Vidhyanagar, a center well known for its Educational Excellence. He holds Bachelor Degree.
He has been a full time Social worker and Educationist, besides being an agriculturist by inheritance. He has establish no of Educational institutes in an around his native village. His educational institutes provides education right from Primary level to College including PTC and Bed colleges, catering to the long felt need of the area. He has also established boy’s and girl’s hostel, Ashram shala for the poor students coming from far off villages for their educational needs.
He has also been active in number of Co-operative societies, serving poor tribal and marginal farmers for various needs. Religiously also he has been active in activities of Kabir Panth of which he is a staunch follower.
He is married to Smt. Kanchanben and has one son and three daughters. The eldest daughter is a doctor by profession and is married. The other two daughters are also pursuing their Medical Degree.
- He was active in politics since his young age, as his father was also been associated with Jansangh in erstwhile Panchmahal district.
- He was first elected to the ninth Gujarat legislative assembly in 1995-97. Since then he has been elected to all subsequent legislative assemblies of Gujarat till his election to parliament in 2014.
- He was elected to the tenth Gujarat legislative assembly from 1998-2002, during which he worked as Deputy Minister for Food and Civil supplies in the Government of Gujarat during 1999-2001 and also as Minister of State for Health and Family welfare during 2001-02.
- He was also the chairman of the Gujarat State Tribal Development Corporation during 1998-99.
- He was again elected to the eleventh Gujarat legislative assembly 2002-07, during which he worked as Minister of State for Forests and Environment from 1st august 2005 to 24th December 2007.
- He was also elected to the twelth Gujarat legislative assembly 2002-2007, during which he worked as Minister of State for Tribal Development, Rural Development, Labor and Employment from 2007-2010 and also as Minister of State for Tribal development, Panchayat and Rural Housing from 2010 till his election in the Parliamentary Elections of 2014.
- He has also performed as Guardian Minister for Sabarkantha and Dang districts during 2007-2010 and also as Guardian Minister for Narmada district from 2010 till his Election in the Parliamentary elections of 2014.
- He has also been three times Chairman of the committee of Gujarat legislative assembly on scheduled Tribes.
- He was elected to the Parliament of India during the General Elections of 2014 for the first time.
- He has been functioning as Minister of State for Tribal Affairs since July 2016.
RESPONSIBILITY IN THE BHARATIYA JANTA PARTY
- He has been the Pradesh Maha Mantri of Adivasi Morcha of the BJP Party.
- Member of Pradesh Executive Committee.
- Election in-charge of Dahod Parliamentary Constituency for two terms.
“विकास भी, ईमान भी और गरीबो का सम्मान भी”
- 1995 -1997 – Member of 9 th Gujarat Vidhanbsabha
- 1998 -2002 – Member of 10 th Gujarat Vidhanbsabha
- 2002 – 2007 – Member of 11 th Gujarat Vidhanbsabha
- 2007 – 2012 – Member of 12 th Gujarat Vidhanbsabha
- 2012 – 2014 – Member of 13 th Gujarat Vidhanbsabha
- 2014 – Member of Parliament
- 2016 – Minister of Tribal affairs